Adieu to You, Sweet California!

Cue the sappy music now–my summer with Ford is coming to an end.  I can’t believe my summer in California is almost over.  I spent the past two weeks tying up loose ends to my summer project and working on my final presentation–and I can honestly say I am so sad this is over!!

I had such a lovely group of interns that worked in the Irvine office with me.  I practiced my presentation in front of them and they gave back such helpful feedback!  The odd thing though is that I was more nervous to present in front of the interns than I felt presenting the actual presentation to upper management!

Before I started this summer working for Ford, I didn’t expect to become so obsessed with the company!  Quite frankly, I actually became embarrassed driving my Honda Civic into the office parking lot every morning.  It’s interesting–over the course of the summer I realized that I’m personally motivated in the workplace if I hold a high amount of respect for those above me.  That holds true to my experience with Ford…my boss was hands down the BEST boss I’ve ever had.  Working feels much more valuable when you’re doing something for someone you respect.  Not only was my boss an all-around great leader, but there are an outrageous number of people within the office that I could sense a feeling of respect that was held high by others.  Don’t even get me started on Alan Mulally!  He delivered a Town Hall meeting via WebEx last week and that was my first encounter with him (I know the encounter was not in person, but I personally felt like he was in my presence!).  Mr. Mulally stressed on the fact that as an employee in the company it’s important to become better at effectively working together.  That message has definitely been carried down into the regions and I witnessed it everyday working here in Irvine.

I don’t want to leave.  I know once I get back to Ohio State I will feel loved and proud to be a Buckeye, but I just want to say that if you ever have the chance to work out here in California–do it!!!  You will not regret it, I promise you!!  Who knows, maybe you will even be neighbors with me one day because I’m most definitely making my way back to the West.  Ah…farewell farewell, adieu adieu!

Interns at the EcoBoost Challenge!

One more beach pic!

Inside of a Quick Lane!