I think I am getting the hang of this

Hi again!

Well…it officially has been four weeks since I have started with the External Reporting team and I am in full swing of the 10-K annual report filing for Cardinal Health. I have been assigned to compile numbers/data for footnotes, financial statements, and conduct various searches of money transfers for the legal department. It is hard to believe I am even trusted with this stuff! Its pretty cool to be one of the first people to see some of the numbers now that all of the business segments are compiled together. It doesn’t even feel like I am an intern, just a regular staff member working. I basically have to touch base with people all throughout the company, including executives, to provide numbers/answer questions that ultimately reach the CFO and CEO!!! I’m starting to feel like an actual adult…kinda scary.

Amidst all of the work craziness, the internship program, also known as College Relations, has had some great events and community service lately. This past Thursday I volunteered at the Dublin Food Pantry with some other Cardinal Interns. We were able to assist locals in financial need by providing them will donated food products ranging from fresh fruit to canned items and meat. It felt pretty good to give back. Also this week, College Relations held a series of information sessions talking about the “next steps” aka full time opportunities after graduation. I cannot even believe we are already talking about this!! The interns are a huge pool of candidates for full time offers and there are all types of positions for anyone’s interests. Regular full time employment, rotational programs, and even another internship are some of the options we have for continuing on with Cardinal. I am really loving the culture and atmosphere so far so who knows…maybe I will be there next year! Thats all of the updates I have for now…keep reading for more details!!

Here is a portion of the food items at the Dublin Food Pantry for clients to choose from