Could life be any better?

Four day weeks: Very much so appreciated when you’re working full time!  We had a 4 day week last week because of the 4th of July and this week we have another one (sort of) because Nestle is holding an “Offsite Logistics Event” this Friday at Universal Studios.  I don’t know that much about the event yet, but I know we’re going to be doing some team building activities which are always fun (especially when you’re at Universal Studios!)

Buddy Time, Buddy Time, and more Buddy Time:  I’ve spent quite a bit of time with my buddy, Olivia and the other Logistics Intern, Eric and his buddy, Matt!  Last week, we went hiking in Griffith Park.  At the top, it felt like we were on top of the world looking at the beautiful views of LA, Glendale and the Hollywood sign!  I love hiking, and to live in a place where you can go on a nice, intense hike after work is fine by me ! :)

Eric, Matt, me, and Olivia hiking with LA in the background!

Also, this weekend we went to Matt’s house in Hermosa Beach for a beach day!  Eric and I both tried surfing (we still have some work to do, but we’ve still got some time, right Eric?).  A couple of other people from Nestle joined us and we had such a good time relaxing on the beach, walking between Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach drooling over the unbelievable homes, and stopping for ice cream in Manhattan Beach.  Nestle employees that live on the beach have longer commutes to work due to distance and LA traffic, but after spending the entire day there, I can totally see why it’s worth it.  Basically I just absolutely love it out here and am still amazed that all of this is real life!

Projects:  My projects are going well.  I’m extremely busy and the days are going faster and faster!  Eric and I just started a project together where we’re going to interview a Supply Planner, Demand Planner and Deployer in the Beverage, Confections & Snacks, and Emerging Markets Divisions to better understand the communication flow between each division.  We’re then going to compare the similarities and differences across divisions and map them out using a Value Stream Map in order to better visualize what type of communication is taking place.  Finally using the information we gain from our interviews, a survey we’re developing, our value stream map, and our “Prezi” presentation, we’re going to present the communication flow and our recommendations to increase productivity to the teams.  So far, I really have enjoyed this project because it (like most other projects) enables Eric and I to talk to many people and learn about three very different divisions (and it’s fun to work on projects with someone else)!

Oh, & in case anyone was wondering…The weather is perfect & it hasn’t rained once since I moved here…June 12  :)

5 Responses to Could life be any better?

1. Mark Wilson says:

Lexi – summer in California almost sounds too good to be true. Next time we want photographic evidence of the surfing, especially in you guys are riding the waves! Thanks for the blog posts and let us know how your interviews go and how the Prezi presentation turns out.

2. Amy Marrison says:

Lexi you’re doing a prezi?! You will have to teach me that one :)

3. Eric White says:

Lexi is an amazing girl and it has been absolutely awesome working with her. She is extremely smart and is one of the nicest, most outgoing people I know. I hope everyone reading this article gets to know her like I have over the past few weeks.

And Lexi, plenty lf time….Pressure makes diamonds!

‘merica

4. Sara says:

Lexi,

It looks like you are having an awesome time, I’m so happy! I’m glad that the buddy system has been super for you too, I still talk to mine all the time!

It’s wonderful that you get to talk to so many different people at Nestle, that really is the best way to learn about a company. For my internship, I had to do the same thing. If you haven’t already been planning on doing so, I sent everyone that helped me with a part of my project my final presentation so they could see how helpful they were–I think they liked that :)

Keep having fun!
    Sara

5. Ian Schmitt says:

Keep up the good work Lex!

These are so enjoyable to read. Happy that you are happy. I think that amy is right, didnt we learn to NOT use Prezi in Cohort because of numerous bad exmples? Hopefully yours goes better than mine.