Midland Here I Come!

Abraham Lincoln once said, “The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.”  Thank goodness for that!  Two weeks till I start a new chapter in my book of life and I have so much to do, but will take the exams and projects one day at a time leading up to my move to Midland, Michigan.Myself!

My name is Amy Marrison, I’m currently a third year Marketing and Logistics double major at Fisher. This summer I will be interning with Dow Chemical Company in their Supply Chain department and specifically with their Home and Personal Care Department.  As I said, this internship will make me move to Midland, Michigan for the summer. Midland is about 5 hours from Columbus and is true to name, about midway up that state up North and is about 30 minutes from Lake Huron (so a beach!). I’ll be there for 12 weeks so I leave right after finals and get back about 2 weeks before starting school (June 13-September 2 is the exact time-frame).

So who am I? I am from Pickerington, Ohio which is about 30 minutes from campus so moving 5 hours away is going to be a big change in itself for me! This past year I was President of the Fisher Citizenship Program – which I encourage all first year business students to get involved in next year! I am also a member of the Honors Cohort program.  I am a huge sports fan, love my family and friends, and can be quite sarcastic once I get to know people. If you keep reading throughout the summer I’m sure you’ll be exposed to some of that as well as you’ll get the chance to know me a lot better than this intro bio.

After a week of 3 exams and 4 projects then a light finals week I will be ready to make the biggest short-term move of my life.

I look forward to sharing my internship experiences with you all! I’m sure you’ll get to hear from me again in 2 weeks about my first day at Dow!

3 Responses to Midland Here I Come!

1. Mark Wilson says:

Good luck at Dow – they have a lot of happy OSU alumni working there so you won’t be alone.

2. Lexi Merritt says:

You’ll do awesome this summer and I’ll miss you tons! We’re so alike- our blogs are titled “California…here I come!” and “Midland here I come!!” :)

3. kim says:

Congrats on the internship Amy! I am an MLHR student from Michigan. Dow is a great company. I have family friends who worked there their entire lives. Plus in Michigan you are always close to a lake. It will be a great experience.