Mindy Moore – GE Capital Solutions Limited Europe – London, UK

Hello Friends of Fisher!

My name is Mindy Sue Moore and I just completed my third year at The Fisher College of Business specializing in Accounting with a minor in Legal Foundations of Society.  I am originally from Sidney, OH, a city of about 20,000 people located about an hour and a half west of Columbus and north of Dayton, OH. For all the country music fans reading, the one and probably only reason I would recommend visiting my hometown is for the upcoming three day Country Concert Music Festival.  I have developed a love for country music at Country Concert and have seen performances by Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Big & Rich, Gary Allan and many more!

Coming to Ohio State was an experience in itself after graduating in a class of just 67 students from Lehman Catholic High School. I was challenged to create my own ‘personal brand’ and became involved at Ohio State through the FYE Leadership Collaborative, Kappa Delta Sorority, and Alternative Break Programs to Chicago, New Orleans, and Atlanta. After ‘falling’ into accounting (now one of the best decisions I think I have made) I became involved within Fisher in FCP, The Professional Development Program, French Connection, and next year I will serve as a Career Coach for The Office of Career Management. This winter, I completed a Federal Tax internship at KPMG in the Columbus office, which gave me an unbelievable opportunity to develop my technical skills, and to work in a collaborative culture amongst some of the brightest professionals.

http://www.ge.com/uk/

In reflection on my experiences at Fisher last fall, I decided that with the exception of enrolling in one of the largest public universities in the country, my experience related to adapting to new work environments, especially those of international nature were lacking. That led to my search for study abroad programs, and eventually to my participation in the EUSA internship program at Fisher. This summer I will be an intern for the Legal Department at GE Capital Solutions Europe Limited, a subdivision of the sector of GE Capital Finance in London, England. I am looking forward to not only gaining an insight into international organizations and a broader understand of corporate law, but to traveling internationally for my very first time!

If we don’t share a love of country music, hopefully I can at least interest you by sharing some of my upcoming World Cup pub experiences, insight into the 2012 London Olympic Games, or simply by sharing some of my failures & triumphs of living and working in a new country. Words can’t explain my excitement to spend this summer living in London and I am excited to share it with you!

Cheers,

Mindy Moore

6 Responses to Mindy Moore – GE Capital Solutions Limited Europe – London, UK

1. Sarah Hill says:

Mindy, I look forward to hearing about your amazing experiences in Lodon this summer! My guess is that you have likely already caught the travel bug and this experience will change your life. It will be interesting to see if your colleagues like country music!

2. Aunt Richie says:

Hi Min,

You go girl :] I will enjoy reading your thoughts…
    XO
    Moore later,
    Aunt Rich

3. Aunt Richie says:

and yes…Pub experiences….. :]

4. Lisa Beigel says:

Hi Mindy, Can’t wait to hear about your summer. Will miss seeing you at Country Concert this year. Will keep an eye out for Rossi! Take care. See you in August.

5. Lori Moore says:

Look forward to reading your blog about all your wonderful experiences – and having you home soon.

Miss ya,

Mom

6. Lynne Dunham says:

I look forward to reading your blog. Sara got this and forwarded it to my computer! Have fun and let us know what your up too! We are going to Country Concert tomorrow so I will drink a beer for you!

Aunt Lynne