Paul Sobecki – Welcome To My Home!

Tall.  Skinny. (Although college is being credited with slowly, but surely altering this)  Pale.  A 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 in the looks department?  And if that all isn’t enough, how about coming to visit me in Mark Twain’s hometown.  Sound like someone you may be interested in?  Probably not, so it’s a good thing that I have a good sense of humor.  Give me a chance and follow my blog this summer.

My Summer House

Hey Everyone!  My name is Paul Sobecki and I am a third year in Logistics and Operations Management at the Fisher College of Business.  If you don’t know what those two specializations mean, don’t worry, I’m still figuring all the details out too.  Last summer, I worked at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company World Headquarters, located in Marysville, Ohio.  I had the great pleasure of working in their Supply Chain Innovation group.  This summer I am working for General Mills in one of their field locations, located in Hannibal, Missouri.

I grew up in Centerville, Ohio, just south of Dayton, where I attended Archbishop Alter High School.  Throughout my years there I played basketball, football, and soccer.  I spent a lot of my time from 8th grade until my sophomore year of college working at my grade school, The Church of Incarnation, with my best friend Dan Biga.  Shifting from soccer to football during my junior year in high school, I found a true passion for the sport.

After deciding to forgo the opportunity to walk on the Penn State football team and deciding to attend The Ohio State University, I put my best foot forward (no pun intended) and took a shot at becoming a member of the Buckeye football team.  When the news came in that I did not make the team, I decided to shift my efforts towards school.  However, I am now the all-star intramural punter for my team, Sampson Simpson, 2009 Intramural Football Champs!

I am really looking forward to my summer at General Mills:  meeting new people, expanding my horizons, doing some traveling, and making a difference in my role.  I am very excited to be able to share my experiences and instill some of my wisdom (the little I have) upon all of my followers.

Until we meet again on my next blog

~Paul Sobecki

*I’ll be ending each one of my posts with a Mark Twain quote, so here goes nothin..
“All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.” ~Mark Twain

Enjoying some Country Music, Rain, and Mud with Friends at a concert before leaving for the summer in Cincinatti, Ohio

11 Responses to Paul Sobecki – Welcome To My Home!

1. Sara Weil says:

paul, your blog rocks so far.

2. Matt says:

I’d come see you!

Nice TLA shirt by the way.

3. Sarah Hill says:

Paul, your intro. definitely intrigued me. Keep up the good work!

4. Alex Shellhammer says:

Oh, I’m going to enjoy this summer reading :)

5. Mama C says:

Paul, we are so proud of you. Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures!!! Love ya

6. Leah says:

I love this blog, especially the picture at the end :)

7. Alan Hadgis says:

Reppin the scotts man, haha! Keep up the good posts and have a good time at Nestle dude!

8. Amanda Graham says:

Paul–Add me to your list of summer stalkers, I will be living vicariously through you

Amanda

9. Sarah Needham says:

Yayyyyy brohort!! Keep up the good work, Paul.

PS food company=good choice

10. MaKaela says:

Haha.. this made me laugh. You should probably use this same intro when you try out to be on the bachlor or bachlorette. Picture at the end is awesome btw.

11. KDopp says:

You spelled Cincinnati wrong! Get with the program!