Welcome to Pittsburgh, City of Champions

Hello Fisher Bloggers!

I am Katie Einzig and to clarify, I am a die-hard Browns, Cavs, and Tribe fan. I am in no way a supporter of Pittsburgh sports, I’m just calling this city home for the summer and might as well be a champ while I’m here. I just finished my third year at Fisher, majoring in Operations Management, minoring and Economics.  And while I’m not spending my summer in the city of lights, I am spending it in the City of Bridges.

Over the next ten weeks I will be the Merchandising Intern for Aerie Bras at American Eagle Corporate Headquarters (more to come on the bras!) in the Southside Works, one of Pittsburgh’s coolest neighborhoods! Not to mention the fact that AE hooked all the interns up with amazing apartments with a view at Heinz Lofts (yes, its the old ketchup factory) in the Strip District (again, another cool neighborhood), and matched me with roommates who have a shared understanding that coffee and InStyle Magazine are key to survival.

So besides checking out bras and lingerie all day, here is a little about me and what I do.  I’m from Youngstown, Ohio and went to Liberty  High School (LHS You Know!)  I come from a family of Buckeyes and have been a Tressel fan since his Youngstown State days.  This is my second internship, last summer I worked for a State Representative in Columbus, and while I learned how to mail merge, I also learned politics are not for me.  I’ve played tennis practically my whole life, have an obsession with the Food Network and all things Bobby Flay, my favorite place on campus is the sun deck at the RPAC, I think Anne Hathaway is flawless and that Bill Simmons is the one of the greatest sports writers ever, and I will NEVER turn down a red velvet cupcake.

I’m so excited for all AE has to offer, so bring on the bras!