Katie Deye – Procter & Gamble Brand Management Intern

Hi everybody!

My name is Katie Deye and I’m a third year marketing major here at Fisher and co-founder of JAM (Just A Minute). Last summer, I interned in Dublin, Ohio for Cardinal Health in their Meetings, Events, and Tradeshows Department. I learned a lot from that experience, particularly with what it is like to work the 9 to 5 and make the adjustment from college to the “real world” we always hear so much about.

When I’m not working, I spend a lot of time playing tennis and running around Fisher. Although I’ve been in Columbus the past 3 years, I am originally from Cincinnati, Ohio and absolutely love my hometown.

Along those lines, I am excited be returning home this summer to work for Procter & Gamble in brand management for the Old Spice Global Design Team. So what is brand management? Basically, it is being the manager of a brand… simple right? I am working to build the brand image of Old Spice through marketing techniques to increase our value to the customer. Essentially I will be working to conquer male body odor… one pit at a time.

I am excited to write about what I will be doing with Old Spice this summer and what new funny commercials might be coming your way. I might even get to meet the man on the horse! I’ll be sure to keep you updated.

The Man Your Man Could Smell Like

4 Responses to Katie Deye – Procter & Gamble Brand Management Intern

1. Lauren Acton says:

Katie, good luck! We need to set up skype dates or something – I can’t wait to hear about your summer!

2. Sarah Needham says:

Yayyyy cohort!! Have fun this summer, Katie!

3. Sarah Hill says:

Katie,

Working in brand management sounds like it will be a fun and extremely educational experience for you! Enjoy your time at P&G!

4. Lacoda Evans says:

Hey Katie, congrats girl. I’m so happy for you. Keep up the good luck!!!