Marshal Getz in Jolly old England: Part V(d)

Standing in Front of Hampton Court Palace

Note to Marshal’s Faithful Readers:  Marshal’s editor has taken his most recent post, Marshal Getz in Jolly old Enlgand: Part V, and divided it into six shorter posts that will be released as Part V(a) through Part V (f). This is the fourth installment.

I couldn’t get enough of the Tudor History, so the following day, I went and visited King Henry VIII’s elaborate Hampton Court Palace.  Hampton Court is probably my favourite of England’s many palaces.  Located about 15 miles outside central London, Hampton Court was once the home of Henry VIII’s good friend and councilor, Cardinal Wolsey.  If history is to teach us anything, it is not to try and outdo your boss, which is exactly what Wolsey did.  Upon the Henry’s visiting the palace, Henry took it from Cardinal Wolsey, and later had him imprisoned for failing to break England from Rome.  The palace is located alongside the Thames, and has some of the most beautiful gardens that I have ever seen.  I have never been much for gardens until I came here.  The eloquent display of hedges and flowers is amazing, and Hampton Court also boasts the world’s most famous Hedge Maze.  Walking through the hedge maze was so cool, I honestly felt like I was in Harry Potter.

One of the many beautiful gardens at Hampton Court