The First Year MBA students at Fisher are diligently preparing (i.e. panicking) about our first round of midterms. As I try to re-learn the relationship between Correlations and Covariance (um, I got an A in stats…in 1995!), I sense that I am neglecting everything else on my ever-growing MBA to-do list. I’m starting to feel like I am merely treading water in this ocean of grad school requirements and possibilities. In an attempt to make myself feel better, and point out some of the fantastic opportunities I’ve been able to take advantage of here at Fisher, I’ve compiled the following list of things that I have completed in the past two weeks:
- Participated in four very productive team meetings – shout out to Team X!!!
- Attended four Fisher Information sessions (Corporate Mentor Program, Emerging Market Field Study, Fisher Serves & Association of Marketing Professionals)
- Spent some quality time at the mall with my daughter
- Spent some quality time with a Fisher Director of Career Management and Corporate Relations
- Mailed a birthday card to a new friend who is far from home
- Attended a Brand Management Happy Hour/Info Session hosted by Nestle
- Heard an amazing speaker from Thailand via the Distinguished International Speaker Series
- Hand delivered a birthday card because I goofed up the address…
- Received a hug from a classmate after a particularly stressful day in Data Analysis
- Gave a hug to a classmate who lost a loved one
- Attended Fisher Graduate Women in Business happy hour and Young Alumni happy hour – on the same night!
- Met with my academic advisor
- Entertained the Fisher Fairy Godmother for a brief moment or five…
- Attended a Data Analysis review session (and provided comic relief when a classmate made my chair fall – thanks for the love J-Lo)
- Attended a Fisher Networking Event at the Blackwell
- Went on a FIELD TRIP to Algaeventure with fellow members of Net Impact
- Had coffee with a new friend
- My son went pee on the potty for the first time! O.K. so maybe this isn’t really my accomplishment but I am claiming it anyway!
- Got my hair cut and colored (um, hello? Priorities here! In my defense, I read three articles for Organizational Behavior while allowing the color to set…)
- Had lunch with a new friend who tried to talk me down from a Data Analysis melt-down (I see a trend here…)
- Had a blast with some new friends at a fall potluck – oh how I wish Charades were a major!
- Participated in an all-day Marketing Boot Camp – one of the best learning experiences I’ve had thus far at Fisher!
So maybe my Organizational Behavior paper isn’t finished, I haven’t prepared anything for my Enhancing Professional Interchange assignment and I am SO not ready for my Data Analysis exam (again with DA?). But at least I can refer back to this list and realize that I am truly making positive progress! Now I need to calculate the probability of positive progress on, you guessed it, the Data Analysis Midterm!