This past weekend, I was able to go to the Columbus Blue Jackets game with my younger sister. While my wonderful Jackets lost 2-3, Erin and I had a blast AND we received free hats!
My younger sister is a freshman at Ohio State and currently applying to the nursing program. I am so happy that she chose to attend OSU – so I can see her a little more frequently AND keep an eye on her. Because truly, what are big sisters for?
I’ve mentioned it in a few previous posts, but I love Columbus, Ohio. I moved here in 2007 when I started at OSU as an undergrad, and I now consider the 614 my home. I moved back to Cincinnati for a summer or two, and then Orlando, Florida when I was working at Walt Disney World. Still, from Southern Ohio to Florida – there is something special about Columbus.
When entering the MBA program, you are surrounding yourself with resources, both inside and outside school. We have top companies in the Columbus Area (check out this article that appeared in Inc. in 2011), cool neighborhoods when you are ready for some fun and great sports teams (what can I say – I’m a sports girl).
Cool places to around school:
- Arena District – see a show and have a drink – I’m in heaven!
- Short North – edgy and express (see my post about Betty’s!)
- German Village – shopping, bakeries, coffee and beautiful architecture
- Grandview – Close to campus and great for place for graduate students to go when wanting to relax and enjoy a happy hour
- Ohio State Buckeyes (every type of sports team possible) – I bleed scarlet and grey!
- Columbus Crew (soccer)
- Columbus Blue Jackets (hockey)
- Columbus Clippers (minor league baseball) – dime a dog night sells hot dogs for 10 cents…PURE JOY