Within the last 7 days, exactly, many firsts have happened in my life. They are as follows:
- First day of Graduate School
- Wearing stilettos to class
- Creating a grad level presentation
- Creating a presentation which may or may not ever be presented
- Sitting in class in a comfortable chair
- Sitting in class where the ‘desk’ isn’t attached to my chair
- Having plenty of room to spread out my notes during class
- Having a professor wear a suit to class, each class, not just the first day
- Forgetting my name plate for class – which is conveniently sitting in front of me in my apartment, now
- Having something to add to class, and actually saying it (trust me it doesn’t happen hardly ever)
- Sitting in class for four hours
- Being warm in Gerlach Hall
I’m sure there are many more, but these are just a few that come to mind.
I keep hearing the reoccurring theme to keep ahead of things. And, as I sit here at 10:30 at night, having just gotten home from class, I realize how true it is. For now, I’m off to read 50 pages about the origins and evolutions of the field of industrial relations.