Since Ohio State has a widespread presence in the U.S. and beyond, it can be easy to equate Columbus with the University. While OSU is a major component of the Columbus scene, there is a lot more to the city to discover!
I’m from Ohio (Toledo, specifically) and have spent a good deal of time in Columbus before attending the MAcc program. I’ve found that Columbus newcomers are often surprised at how vibrant and welcoming our state capital truly is. Here are some tidbits about the city that may help you to understand why so many Buckeyes never leave it.
Cbus Fun Facts:
- 15th largest city in the U.S.
- Business is booming! Greater Columbus is home to the headquarters of Nationwide Insurance, AEP, Wendy’s, Abercrombie & Fitch, L Brands (think Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works), Big Lots, White Castle, Cardinal Health, and more!
- Home of the Columbus Clippers (Triple A baseball; affiliate of the Cleveland Indians), the Columbus Crew (Major League Soccer), and the Columbus Blue Jackets (National Hockey League). And, of course, we can’t forget about our Ohio State Buckeyes!
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is world renowned and its director emeritus is “Jungle Jack” Hanna
- The annual Ohio State Fair is one of the largest state fairs in the U.S.
Check out this link to learn more about things to do Columbus: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2014/08/14/back-to-school-100-things-to-do-before-you-graduate.html