April at Fisher

Nice weather is back again! Although sunny days come hand in hand with rainy days, I’m excited to announce that snow has stopped, and trees are started to blossom again. While experiencing beautiful weather throughout these past few weeks, Fisher organized a couple of events that were unique in nature.

We had an Indian Festival celebration, and the Black MBAs organization’s An Afternoon of Culture. I found it quite brave from many students to stand in front of the entire Fisher student body and staff to dance and walk in a fashion catwalk. Both events included a dance out session, ethnic food and a fashion show. My fellow SMF GA Tatenda got to participate in the second one (fashion show) and I got to witness the great dances during the Indian Festival presentation.

It is great that Fisher organizes a series of activities during the year for student to participate – or in my case to observe, ha! – to get their minds out of their busy academic schedule. This past week I had two final presentations for two of my classes: Private Equity and Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy. It is bittersweet that classes are getting to an end, but it has been an enjoyable ride so far and I still have two more weeks until I graduate. As I type, I am thinking that I need to go find my tassel and graduation cap soon as a group of students are planning to take graduation pictures with our graduation outfits soon.

During campus tours with prospective students, sometimes we get to visit the 11th floor of Thompson library. If you come visit The Ohio State University at some point, I highly recommend you check out this view.

The Oval view from 11th floor Thompson Library

I went for a jog the other day around the Oval (as I mentioned the weather is beautiful these days), and saw students playing frisbee, reading books, just hanging out and having a good time.

Also, in my last post I mentioned I was crossing fingers to win one of the gift cards or giveaways that were distributed during the Fisher Graduate Appreciation Week (especially for one of favorite places in Columbus). Unfortunately, I did not get a gift card for the place I was hoping for but received a gift card from one that is in my top 5. Not too shabby!