How to Find Housing

After being accepted to a Fisher graduate program, the next big step is figuring out where to live. As someone who had never been to Columbus before, this was a big stress for me. I didn’t even know where to start, so I am here to help you out!

Columbus is an affordable city with many housing options, including plenty of places within walking distance or accessible by public transportation. The average one-bedroom apartment is around $700-$1,100 per month. There are on-campus graduate options, but it seems many students tend to live off campus. One thing to keep in mind is that most MAcc classes will be held in Gerlach Hall at the Fisher College of Business, which is on the very north end of campus.

Some things you should consider when doing your search is what kind of amenities you are looking for.  Some apartments have the option to be furnished, have a gym, parking or a shuttle to campus etc. I know for me, the apartment being furnished was a big factor during my search. I was only going to be here for a year and did not want to figure out a way to move it all out here. These along with price and location should all factor into your decision about where to live. A list of popular off-campus options is sent to all admitted students to help you in your search.

COTA bus stop directly in front of my apartment that goes right to Fisher

If you are choosing to live further off campus, there are many free or cheap transportation options available to you. With your BuckID, students can ride the Campus Area Bus Service (CABS) or the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) for free! When I am too lazy to walk, I take the COTA to and from campus and it drops off right in front of Fisher. Some apartment complexes also have shuttles to and from campus if you are not bringing a car. Columbus is a very accessible city with public transportation.

The university also provides great help in finding off-campus housing that fits your needs. Best of luck with your housing search!