Winter is Here

This past week, Columbus had about five inches of snow fall over one night! I remember looking at the weather app hoping the forecast for snow wouldn’t be true, but when I woke up the following morning, everything was white outside– with a few flurries still coming down. I thankfully live within a 15-minute walking distance to campus, so I didn’t worry about trying to move my car. Being from the South, I have seen snow before, but I’m used to everything closing and no one leaving home when even a hint of bad weather arises. When I realized OSU rarely cancels classes, I was a little shocked at first, but took advantage of the chance to get out of the house and explore.

Gerlach Hall
local street on my walk to campus

At first, the snow is annoying and cold, but then on my walk to campus, I realized how beautiful the city and campus is coated in snow. I decided to take a campus field trip and capture some photos of the beautiful buildings on campus.

Fisher Hall
Thompson Library – at the “Oval

Despite the weather (meaning the cold), I decided to make the most of the beautiful snow. With this much fresh snow, you can also make “snow cream.” You take fresh snow and add milk, sugar, and a little vanilla. As a child, making snow cream was one of my favorite parts of snow. But luckily, I am now able to celebrate that winters do not last for years like they do in Game of Thrones.