Ohio State’s Intramural Soccer League

It’s game day today!

I’ve recently decided to get back into sports and more specifically with soccer by registering a team in Ohio State’s intramural soccer tournament. The league consists of 28 teams separated in pools of four. Each team has to play once against each other and the best two teams in the pools advance in the playoffs when all the pool game have been played. It only cost $80 to register a team and up to 11 players.

We had our first game last Thursday and I have to admit that we lost the game (I will not disclose the final score… yes, it was bad), but it was still a great experience and a lot of fun to simply get away from the books for some time. Back when I registered the team, I thought that competing in the “A” league (the best) would be good, but it was a mistake. Our first game was against a team composed of almost all OSU team players and it was a tough game! OSU also has a “B” league and I think that league would have been more appropriate for us knowing the average level of my team!

I was also greatly impressed with the indoor turf fields located at the Adventure Recreation Center (“the ARC”) on west campus. Both fields are actually of decent size (not as big as a real soccer field, but definitely bigger than an indoor soccer field).

It was still a great experience and I’m looking forward to our game tonight– hoping that we’ll be able to win our first game!