Ohio State Basketball

Throughout my entire life, I’ve been passionate about two things: watching basketball and anything Ohio State. Growing up, I loved watching basketball. I would stay up all night watching LeBron do his thing and then the next night, I would watch whatever Ohio State team was playing on TV. When I came to Ohio State, the first thing I wanted to do was sign up to go to an Ohio State basketball game. Over the past few years, I have had the opportunity to go to many Ohio State basketball games including this past week when I went with a number of my MAcc friends to the Ohio State vs Penn State game.

Going to an Ohio State basketball game is not too difficult. All you need to do is to purchase a ticket is go to the Ohio State athletic page, select a game, pay $14 for a ticket (this is the student rate), and show up at the Schottenstein Center with a BuckID. Once you arrive at the entrance of the “Schott,” an usher will swipe your BuckID and hand you a student section ticket.

Once we arrived at the Schott this past week, the arena was bumping. The Buckeyes were on a high streak having gone 8-0 in the BIG10, and were ranked 13th in the nation. The game was a close one; however, the Buckeyes were unable to prevail since the Nittany Lions scored a last-second bucket from half court. Even though the Buckeyes lost, I enjoyed the night and bonded with a few of my fellow MAcc classmates.

A few of my MAcc classmates at the Ohio State basketball game