Christmas in NYC

This past December, I went to the “Big Apple” to spend a few days admiring the Christmas features. A majority of Hallmark movies and the famous Home Alone 2 took place in New York City, but I can say the movies do not do the city justice! The atmosphere is truly amazing with gorgeous lit trees and decorations throughout the city. The most famous feature everyone wants to see is the tree at Rockefeller. While the tree was enormous and beautiful with an ice skating rink below, my favorite feature was the angels that directly faced the tree pictured below. I was lucky enough that it snowed when I visited to give all features a beautiful dusting of snow.

The angels made this night magical.

I also went to the Empire State building with my parents, as pictured below. If you’re looking for amazing views of the city and wind-blown hair, I highly recommend visiting here!

This sky-high view shows just how big New York is.
Spending time with the family was a nice way to enjoy the break from class.

While there is so much to do in Manhattan, Brooklyn also has amazing features to check out! I specifically went to Dyker Heights in Brooklyn. This is a neighborhood where you can walk around and witness some of the most expensive homes that are decorated with Christmas lights. The average monthly power bill for these homes is estimated to be over $5,000! The photo below is of “Lucy’s house” that started the tradition in Brooklyn. In the beginning, her neighbors complained about the Christmas decorations, so naturally, she added more each year to get the final product seen below. Brooklyn also has amazing local shops such as Brooklyn’s Ice Cream Factory. I must personally say there is nothing better than walking in snow and then getting delicious homemade ice cream– with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge!

Lucy’s House
Ice cream in the winter? Of course.

While, there are so many more beautiful features and things to do in New York, one of the best features is the love shown for Ohio State! Walking down a street in the Theater District, I passed a local bar that had an OSU flag hanging outside. I couldn’t be more proud to be a Buckeye!

Buckeyes truly are almost everywhere in the country– and the world!