Hello, Buckeyes!

Hello, my name is Garrett Koutsopoulos and it’s an honor to share my OSU experience with you all. I am a current SMF student along with some of the other bloggers on this site. Seeing that this is my first post, I would like to share my background so you can learn a little about me before we get underway.

I am from Vermilion, Ohio. It’s a little town in northern Ohio that sits right on Lake Erie. I grew up a Cleveland sports fan so anything Indians-, Cavaliers-, or Browns-related I enjoy talking about. I’m especially interested in baseball, but I enjoy many other sports. Growing up near a lake has given me great chances to enjoy the outdoors and water. Just this past summer, I had a job instructing people how to kayak and paddle board on the Vermilion River. Vermilion is a great place to grow up. I can look out my back windows and see farm fields– and then drive uptown to enjoy the city. It’s a great combination of rural and suburban life.

This is me at work this past summer on the Vermilion River in Vermilion, Ohio.

I completed my undergraduate degree from Tiffin University which is located in northwest Ohio. While there, I played baseball, obtained a BBA, and worked part-time for the university’s weight room. My experience there was amazing and I met people who impacted my life in the most positive of ways. My head baseball coach, Joe Wilkins, also went to The Ohio State University. He was a four-year catcher for the baseball team while here.

This is the Heminger Field at Tiffin University.

I have always rooted for the Buckeyes growing up, but now, I can officially call myself a Buckeye. I have been in Columbus for over a month now and it has not disappointed. I look forward to sharing my experiences throughout the school year to give you an inside look at what class and social life looks like while being a Buckeye.