Welcome Week at OSU

Before classes started, the MAcc program had a week-long orientation. During this orientation, students were able to meet faculty, learn more about the program and life at Fisher, and to attend Summit Vision. During orientation, I was able to meet new classmates and build relationships with them and attending Summit Vision was my favorite activity. I was randomly put into a group of about seven people where we then had to do various team-building activities outside. All the activities required trust and teamwork, and by the end of the day, I knew more about each person in my group.

The first week of class is known as “Welcome Week” which includes many activities such as a movie played in the Oval, a Fisher Involvement Fair and an OSU Involvement Fair, and a concert (see below). While there were many activities occurring during the evening, Fisher also held different events during the day.

Many students are actively looking for employment during the MAcc program, and I’m happy to say Fisher makes this process easy for students. Every day, during the first week of class, a different company would be set up outside on the Quad with free pizza and other goodies. In addition to the recruiter the represented firm would have many employees outside; therefore, every student had a chance to network while enjoying a free lunch. Fisher also has various career fairs set up and most firms that recruited on the lawn will also hold information sessions later that day, giving students many chances to network and learn more about various firms.

Students attending the Involvement Fair in the Oval.

Now… the concert! At the end of Welcome Week, there was a free concert for all students with Zedd, an EDM artist. Regardless of own music preferences, I must say it was an AMAZING concert. I recommend that all students attend the events during Welcome Week at OSU. It’s a great opportunity to meet new people and learn more about various programs on campus.

Zedd Concert