Let me introduce myself …

Hello Everybody,

My name is Benjamin Pastur and I am a student in the Specialized Master in Finance at Fisher, with a focus on Investment. I am also one of the student ambassadors this year for the Fisher SMF program and will share with you some of my adventures throughout the year via this blog.

Here I am!

I was born and raised in Brussels, Belgium. Yes, the capital of Europe! But you probably have heard about this tiny European country only because of its waffles, chocolates, and beers! Yes, it is always about food over there.As you can see on the picture above, Belgium shares borders with France, Germany, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands. There are roughly 11.25 million inhabitants in Belgium and the country is separated into distinct regions including Dutch-speaking Flanders (North part), French-speaking Wallonia (south part)– and there is also a German-speaking community living in the east part of the country.

Five years ago, I decided to leave Belgium to study in the United States. I was offered a scholarship to play soccer at Davis and Elkins College. Looking back at my four years as a student-athlete, I can definitely say that I would do it all over again.

Here is a picture of two of my teammates and me when I scored against our rivals!

During my four years as an athlete, my team won two regular season championships and reached twice the GMAC conference final.

A couple of other facts about me:

• I am interested in a career in Equity Research.
  • I speak French and a tiny bit of Flemish.
  • My favorite soccer team is Manchester United.
  • My favorite meal is a good steak and French fries.

It has now been more than a month since I arrived at OSU. So far, I’m pleased with what this beautiful city of Columbus offers me. Stay tuned for more about me and my Buckeye experience in the following weeks!