Fresh Air Therapy

I want to start with saying “hello” to everyone. My name is Rachel and I’m originally from Hayesville, North Carolina. I received my B.S. in Accounting and B.S.B.A in Finance from UNC Charlotte. I moved to Columbus, Ohio three weeks ago and have been busy ever since. I’m currently a student and student ambassador for the MAcc program.

The face behind the posts

Between my busy schedule of class, work, and studying, it’s important to find time to maintain my physical health. The Columbus summer weather has been beautiful in the low 80s to mid 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I had to take advantage of walking and running outside with such nice weather.

One Thursday afternoon, I went exploring outside to discover only three blocks from my duplex the Olentangy River Trail. This is a beautiful trail that runs alongside Olentangy River and goes to Downtown Columbus. Sadly, I’m out of shape, so I only made it from Tuttle Park area to Fifth avenue which is approximately a three-mile round trip. I hope to continue to run and walk different parts of the trail to hopefully see a large portion of the scenery while in Columbus.

View of trail near campus

On the trail, you will find people biking, running and walking. I would highly recommend visiting a portion of the trail if you need a break from the stresses of daily life and need some fresh air.