Favorite Breakfast Spots

I am a huge sucker for breakfast food. It’s tragic that I am someone who only eats breakfast a few times a week given it is my favorite type of food. Whether you spent all night studying or went out with some friends the night before, a nice big breakfast is definitely the best way to start off a new day.

My Top 5 Breakfast Places in Columbus:

1. Katalina’s – though I’ve only been twice, their pancake balls are legendary. Katalina’s describes itself as a “homey spot for comfort food with a twist” and I’d say that’s pretty accurate.

Pancake Balls (left) from Katalina’s
  2. Northstar Café – Established in Columbus, Northstar Café is a fast-casual restaurant that feels fancier than the price would indicate. I would recommend the “cloud nine pancakes” if you go.

Cloud Nine Pancakes from Northstar Cafe
    Cloud Nine Pancakes from Northstar Cafe
  3. Hang Over Easy – Perhaps the breakfast spot I’ve been to most often, Hang Over Easy is located on South campus and has great outdoor seating for nice mornings. The staff here is also very nice and the food is tremendous.

Hang Over Easy
    Hang Over Easy
  4. Jack and Benny’s – This café is located in the Old North Columbus area just north of campus. This is a great place to get a relatively inexpensive breakfast near campus. Classic homemade food and they usually serve you very fast.

Jack and Benny's
    Jack and Benny’s
  5. Hadley’s– This is more of a special occasion brunch location, but with $18 bottomless mimosas, it can be a lot of fun. The MAcc program recently went to Hadley’s and more than 20 of us enjoyed brunch together.

Bottomless Mimosas come with your own champagne bottle!

As Big Sean says “last night I took an L, but tonight I bounce back.” No matter how many L’s you took the previous night, there is no better way to bounce back than with a delicious breakfast from any of these places.

Author: Caleb Gruenbaum

Student Ambassador for the MAcc. Combined BSBA/MAcc student.