Why 24-Hour Access Matters

At the Fisher College of Business, all buildings close at 10 pm and reopen at 7am. This can be problematic for some when they need to get into a building, whether it’s to meet with a group or to access their locker (yep, most Fisher grad students get a locker). One of the cool perks that Fisher MAcc students have is 24-access to our home-base, Gerlach Hall. Every student that goes here for school receives a Buck ID, and this Buck ID can be used to pay for things, to get into the recreational centers on campus– and, for grad students, to get into Gerlach Hall.

Here is my Buck ID (ignore my fake smile)

Since the libraries at Ohio State get really busy during midterms and finals, if you need a place to study late at night, you can swipe linto Gerlach Hall. You will be able to find a quiet place to study, or a great room where you can work on a group assignment in Gerlach hall, 24/7. One time, I was studying for a final with a few classmates and we were occupying a classroom in Gerlach hall until about 4am when we finally called it a night. I was surprised, but glad, we were able to stay in the building that late. With how often you work in groups in the MAcc, this is going to be very useful if your group has to meet outside of normal building hours.

There is one of these outside both of the main entrances to Gerlach Hall.

It is so convenient to know that if you ever have to meet with a group, no matter how early or how late at night, you will be able to meet in Gerlach Hall.

Author: Caleb Gruenbaum

Student Ambassador for the MAcc. Combined BSBA/MAcc student.