5 Reasons to be Grateful for Fisher College of Business

The first 3 weeks of 2nd year FTMBA have been a joyful run and have inspired me to practice gratefulness:

5 Reasons to be grateful for Fisher College of Business

1. 2nd year Classes: What a joy to pick classes that I have a deep interest in and to begin my specialization in Data Analytics & Operations (Supply Chain). A Global Sourcing & Field Problems in Logistics class that provides live projects connected to companies in Columbus; A Business of College Sports class taught directly by Gene and Sheila Smith (Director of Athletics at The Ohio State University); and a geeky Data Analytics course!  What a fun mix!
  2. Fisher Leadership Initiative – One new initiative at Fisher is gathering leaders within our class who want to grow.
  3. Career Services: In this season of career discernment and an impending job search, I’m super-grateful for Fisher’s Office of Career Management Career Services. Last week was the fall career fair and I was able to speak with 15 different companies of interest!  This week is a Data Analytics networking session.  Endless opportunities to network with OSU alumni here!shoe
  4. Football: To be brutally honest, 15 years ago I would have never considered attending such a large school for undergrad: too big. 5 years ago, I thought Ohio State was an evil sports powerhouse: too dominant.  Now I’m a convert, and I’m grateful for both the size of OSU and its fantastic sports programs.  O-H….. (for those of you uninitiated, anytime someone on campus or anywhere around the world says “O-H…,” you respond with “I-O!”)
  5. Internship Opportunities: Fisher helped me open a door that I couldn’t have opened beforehand – Just about 1 year ago today, I met some representatives from Greif here at the Ohio State Fisher career fair. After applying through our in-house career portal (FisherConnect), one thing led to another and I ended up accepting an internship offer in Supply Chain for thiinternships past summer!  The internship was fantastic– including strong project diversity, international travel, and powerful networking opportunities.