The Start of Something New

My name is Kate Sabin and I’m from Perrysburg, Ohio. I attended Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, where I earned my B.A. in Accounting. Though I enjoyed my undergraduate experience, I knew that I wanted to return to the Midwest for graduate school.

So, why the Fisher College of Business?

• The curriculum. While ultimately my goal is to became a CPA, I love that the MAcc program is not geared specifically toward exam preparation. Instead, the curriculum is elective-based, with a wide array of classes to choose from. There are four core courses that all students are required to take, but the rest of my hours can be geared toward my own personal career goals and interests.
  • The people. Everyone I have come into contact with at Fisher has been incredibly kind and supportive. All my professors are passionate about their work and are willing to go above and beyond to help their students be successful. I can tell that I am more than a number—the people here genuinely care about my well-being.
  • The size. The MAcc program itself is small. Fisher works to keep the total class size between 75 and 85 students, meaning it is hard to get lost in the shuffle. Not only is this size conducive to a more interactive classroom experience– it means that the students in the program are able to get to know one another relatively quickly, which is important considering it is only a 9-month program! On the flip side, the Fisher College of Business is part of The Ohio State University, MAcc students have access to many of the resources that can only be made available at such a large university. I truly have the best of both worlds.

It feels like just yesterday that I submitted my application, yet here I am already settling into life at The Ohio State University. These first couple of weeks have been busy, but in the best way possible. Stay tuned for future blog posts about recruiting, classes, and life in Columbus.

I look forward to sharing my MAcc experience with you!