Conference Completed!

Time has passed so strangely this semester! In addition to the extremely difficult course load, I have spent most of my “free time” developing and finishing one of the biggest projects of my professional career (to date). I just successfully spearheaded a company wide conference. In addition to running the conference, I presented on Social ‘Styles and Staffing’, ‘Communications’, and ‘Leadership and Followership’. It was an amazing experience to have the entire company learn together on some innovative concepts, talk to each other face to face and interact with the owners of the company. It was also an exercise in the effectiveness of my education. This conference was a vehicle for me to apply concepts brought up in my classes at Ohio State.  The ‘Social Styles and Staffing’ lecture integrated components from my undergraduate degree (in Psychology) along with components from the ‘Talent Management’ class that I took last semester. The ‘Communication’ presentation was a joint presentation with my boss on communication styles, based on concepts from a ‘Change Management’ class I also took last semester. Finally, the ‘Leadership and Followership’ presentation was the amalgamation of several lectures from an overview from the ‘Change Management’ course culminating in the integration of those concepts in my career development at my company. Underlying all of these presentations were the skills I developed in the ‘Excellence in Business’ lecture I also took last semester. I sent ‘Thank you’ letters to all the professors that influenced me in succeeding and feel truly grateful to be able to learn and apply my education!