PowerHerFul: The 6th Annual Women’s Summit

On March 26th, I attended a very special event: The 6th Annual Women’s Summit. The event lasted for almost an entire day. Although I was a little bit tired, I really gained a lot.

Actually, it was the first time that I participated in a feminist event. The event was well-planned. When I arrived at the 4-H center I found there was a black bag on each chair, a planner, and an agenda sheet. After breakfast and a simple warm-up, we had a guest speaker, Ms. Perfect, who is a successful woman both in her career and family life. She talked about how she dealt with her most difficult time: a single mother who raised 2 young children and went through college courses as well as 3 part-time jobs. Ms. Perfect also talked about how she planned her life. According to her, once she had a vision, she just stuck to it everyday. Ms. Perfect’s speech really inspired us a lot.

Then we were provided with different workshops. I chose the professional appearance workshop. The workshop lasted about 45 minutes. It was short but I was impressed by our coach. She helped us build our confidence by stating over and over again, “You have all you need to get what you want.” She also offered some short but useful suggestions for us women to make a good professional impression.

After lunch, we had a seminar about women starting businesses, followed by 2 selective workshops. I chose “Health habits in your 20s” and “Women in Business Panel.” I received a lot of useful suggestions about how we should take care of ourselves as well as our careers.

The most exciting part was PowerHerFul Fashion Walk Show. I could see from the models’ faces that they were happy and confident. The audience was influenced by these charming ladies and they all got very excited.

The event ended at 4 p.m. It was really worthwhile to spend all day at this event because we felt more confident about ourselves, we built friendships with each other, were inspired by each other, and we gained support from each other.