Ohio Weather !!!

good weather

I definitely think that I should have posted this earlier or for those not familiar with Ohio. We’re in February and I was driving back from Dayton Ohio this morning sliding ever so slightly on i-70 and I remember just how fast the weather can change in this great State of ours. I remember seeing runners two weeks ago running in shorts and even homeowners mowing their grass. That was at the beginning of February and I was amazed. I actually drove around the city with my windows down so that I could enjoy the warmth and sunshine. I even took a walk by the river but I had a sweater on because I know you Ohio and weather appearances can be deceiving.

I have to digress of course because I have lived in this state long enough to know how fast the weather can change. As mentioned above, appearances can be deceiving. I have had days where I have been wearing shorts inside the house to sweats, socks, a sweater and the heater blowing all in the same way. It in fact happened to me last week. I got caught off guard because I assumed that since we had had a mild winter so far (mild by polar vortex standards), the worst had passed. Of course I was fast reminded of that when yesterday while grabbing some groceries from Walmart I saw people people sliding all around as if there was a secret audition to “Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift ” that I did not know about. The most confusing part seeing these people driving though was that they were all going faster than me in cars that I know are not 4 wheel drive like mine and acting as if it was a regular June day. For my part, I am a fairly slow driver but even slower when there is snow, sleet, and ice involved.

bad weather

The Ohio weather though is what makes Ohio the beautiful state that it is. For its part when it is cold and it is miserable people will still smile at you. You will still see the dedicated runners with spikes on their trainers clocking their 10 milers in. And when it cannot get any colder and the clouds part ever so slightly, we are privy to a little sunshine and are reminded that its just an Ohio thing!!!