Thanksgiving: Eat, Pray and Love

This week is of course about Thanksgiving! I had 3 Thanksgiving dinners and 3 stories about Thanksgiving.

1

The first is in the demo Kitchen in the RPAC. The Indian professor has been offering free vegetarian cooking classes and Thanksgiving dinners there for five years. Every Monday, he will teach the students how to cook while giving lectures. And then all the people will have dinner together and take extra food home. From his experience, I learned that I can choose to be a vegetarian for even one day. This professor is making a change to the world day by day through his words and the food.

1

The second dinner is provided by Isaac, a young man from the International Friendship Institute (IFI). He has so much enthusiasm about work and about people. He invited as many people as he could, trying to give the international students as much warmth as he can. He also invited his boss, who he has a good relationship with because of his loyalty and hard work. He thanked us for attending the first Thanksgiving he held and invited us to hotpot next time.

2

The third Thanksgiving dinner was hosted by my host family. They have given me a lot of help since I connected to them through IFI. And a couple from my home church was also there. My host family gives a lot to people who are far away from their own home.

3