The Bad with the Good

In my first post, I mentioned how intense the Pre-MAcc was – packing Intermediate Accounting I & II into two and a half weeks was no small task. As it turns out, the rest of the semester so far has been just as busy! Between recruiting events, interviews, group meetings, classes, and studying, it can be difficult to keep up at times. That said, I’ve been just as busy many times in the past – both working and during law school – and it has never been as enjoyable.

This really came into focus the other night as I left a Sunday group meeting at around 7:30pm, having been at the school since 9:30am (again, this was SUNDAY) with a smile on my face. Yes, it can be a pain dragging yourself to school to do homework on the weekend, but it makes a huge difference when you enjoy being around the people with whom you’re working. Everyone that I’ve encountered since starting the MAcc program, from students to recruiters to professors, have all been fantastic. And for every frustrating moment when I don’t understand something in class, or feel buried in work, or consider setting up a cot in Gerlach, there are twenty moments that more than make up for it.

I know saying that the people are what make the difference is horribly cliché, but in this case it’s actually true. It’s much easier to get through the work when you’re having a good time, and the camaraderie you build with your classmates is really the best part of being at Fisher. And while I may have had to miss a few NFL games, the studying has yet to interfere with any Buckeye games, and that’s the important part!