Concerts In Columbus!

This past Labor Day, I assumed there would be some type of music event around the city. When I started to do my research, I was surprised by how MANY music options there were in one weekend. From the Fashion Meets Music Festival to Country Jam 2015 to the concert I ended up choosing at the LC, I could have filled my whole weekend and then some. I ended up going to see Citizen Cope and Counting Crows at the LC, which was amazing. The concert took place in their outdoor venue (they also have an indoor space) and while it was hot, the atmosphere was great. Both Citizen Cope and Counting Crows put on great shows.  What was even more exciting was the LC actually started the concert in the afternoon so they could show the Ohio State game at the venue. Everyone at the concert was able to stay on the lawn and watch the game projected on a big screen, which we all know is important here in Columbus!

Concert

(Citizen Cope performance)

Overall, all of the concert options last weekend reminded me how lucky we are with the music scene in Columbus. From well-known artists like Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw to local bars hosting open mic nights or karaoke, the options are endless. What makes this even better is the plethora of venue options. If you like the big feel of an arena, Nationwide Arena or the Schottenstein Center will have concerts throughout the year. On the other hand, if you are like me and prefer smaller venues where you can get super close to the stage, there are places like the Newport, the LC Pavilion or even bars like A&R bar that host small scale concerts.

As a student, I have seen a ton of concerts that offer a student discount option, either through the venue itself or through the Ohio Union. Ohio State also puts on an annual “Free Concert” which is amazing to experience as a student. No matter what genre, artist or atmosphere you are interested in, I can almost guarantee that Columbus will have a concert for you this year!