Game Days in Buckeye Nation

This weekend I went to the first Ohio State home football game. What a treat! I came from a small liberal arts school in Virginia where football was a thing we did on Saturdays if there was nothing else going on…totally different from how it is here in Columbus, where football is the priority and you pretty much plan every fall Saturday around it.

A view from my seats at the game. Pretty awesome view!

This game was especially fun because it was a night game, so I had all day to experience all the different kinds of tailgates and events around campus. I ended up meeting up with a group from my MHRM program and we walked around and explored before heading over to the game. You can really feel the excitement walking up and down High Street through the sea of scarlet and gray. Even if you aren’t able to get a ticket to a game, just head to any of the restaurants or bars and you’ll be able to partake in the game day festivities. It’s an amazing experience. I actually read somewhere that this first home game set a new attendance record at Ohio Stadium. Pretty cool! I am so glad to be a part of buckeye nation! Looking forward to the rest of the season. Go bucks!

At the first home football game against Virginia Tech
At the first home football game against Virginia Tech with two other MHRM first years.
Me with Brutus in the Ohio Union
Me with Brutus (our mascot) in the Ohio Union.

1 thought on “Game Days in Buckeye Nation”