MAcc Scrapbook

How the time has flown! I have gone from being a prospective MAcc student reading the My Fisher Grad Life Blog and wondering why some authors didn’t post more, to being a soon-to-be graduate who is impressed they posted so much! The past nine months have been the most intense period of self-growth and change I have ever experienced in my life. I met so many amazing people and was exposed to different perspectives on life and business. I know I will walk into my first full time job as a finance auditor at the Auditor of State’s office better prepared to be a successful professional thanks to my time at Fisher.

Here is a small sample of some of the things I was doing over the past year while I was too busy to blog:

50 Yard Line
Standing on the football field during Orientation
Class
Inside Arya’s Management and Control class
Corn maze
Heading into the corn maze at Circle S Farms
Picking pumpkins
Picking pumpkins!
Thao
I managed to get out and see Thao and the Get Down Stay Down and Neko Case at the Newport, a concert venue on High St. across from campus
Neko
Neko Case
Foxy!
Me and my boyfriend Brent all dressed up and ready to go to the Fisher Grad Student Halloween party
Fraud: never worth it
Aaron Beam talks about drugs, SEC and rock and roll during his MAcc talk
Held at the Faculty Club
The Class of 14 at the MAcc winter dinner
Christmas in bloom
A winter break girls day out to the Franklin Park Conservatory. Left to right: Liana, Lina, Dongqi, Yeajung and me
Our professor then hosted the speaker at his house
Barry Hoffman speaks to our Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions class about the Valassis-ADVO merger
Book your group ahead of time!
A bunch of hungry MAcc student getting pizza after hunting for a place to play lazer tag
The food was delicious!
I didn’t get pictures at the FISA’s Holi dinner so I snapped a selfie with my friend Ping before our Advanced Negotiations class
Tip: Place your napkin on your lap immediately when you sit down
My table at the MHRM etiquette dinner
The last ever MAcc talk, given by OSU's own Dr. Zhang on accounting research (my camera created the rainbow effect)
The last ever MAcc talk, given by OSU’s own Dr. Zhang on accounting research (my camera created the rainbow effect)
Group photo of MAcc students and alumni who participated in the spring MAcc gives back event. I helped organize the Dress for Success store in the Short North
Also: travelling to Africa alone, working with Steve Jobs and her non-profit Free the Tampons
Nancy Kramer of Resource Marketing speaks to our Advanced Leadership class about her leadership legacy
AKA Grad School Prom
Action shot of the Fisher Formal
Me and my boyfriend Brent dressed up at the Fisher Formal
My friend Lina and I at the Formal
My friend Lina and I at the Formal
He plays the best music before class!
My last ever class- Dr. Mittendorf’s Non-Profit and Governmental Accounting course.