MAcc Autumn Reception

Last week the MAcc class gathered together for the Autumn Reception at the faculty club to celebrate the successful end of the first semester of the program. The evening started with appetizers and cocktails, and then we were treated to a dinner consisting of salad, pasta, potatoes, chicken, and a slew of other dishes. With finals being the week before, my diet mainly consisted of pizza rolls and coffee so it was a welcome change of pace to get some “real” food in my system.

After dinner Delanie Britton, graduate of the MAcc class of 2013, spoke to us about how the program helped shape her career and shared some life advice from her perspective as a recent graduate. I thought it was a great learning experience and it was very cool to see how alumni of the program feel the connection to come back on occasions like this.

MAcc Class of 2014

Finally, to wrap up the ceremony several faculty shared their thoughts on how the first semester went. Professor Anil Arya stood out in my mind, not only because of the advice he shared, but because I didn’t realize that accounting teachers could be so funny! It was a great end to the night and put everyone in a very light mood as we headed out on winter break.

With that, I hope you all have a Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!