Fisher Season Premiere

Fisher Season Premiere is a unique recruiting event hosted by the graduate programs office. As a second year full-time MBA student, I was invited to attend this event and serve as a sounding board for many students who are thinking of coming to Fisher.

The potential candidates arrive on campus and spend a few days with faculty, admissions staff, current students, and future students. This provides candidates a detailed view of what their life may be like as an MBA student here at Ohio State. Each evening, dinners and social hours are held for candidates to meet with current students and alumni to ask questions and familiarize themselves with the Fisher experience through the eyes of others.

The last two years I have had the chance to attend and talk with others about themselves and answer any questions they have for me regarding my time and experience at Fisher. Many candidates ask the same questions and try to grasp the feel of how their life could change over the next two years. Aside from all of the fun I had and the new friends I made, it was a serious time to reflect on my answers and my time here as an MBA student. Here are a few of the questions I was asked, and how I responded to each question respectively:

1. How is the career management office at Fisher?The career management at Fisher is awesome and does their job fantastically. The top companies in the country recruit at Fisher and it is each students’ job to prepare for interviews and know how to answer interview questions. The career management office helps you prepare, they connect you with the right people, and then they trust that you will be successful in obtaining the job of your dreams. 
  2. Do you feel prepared to enter the workforce after your time here at Fisher?Yes, like never before. I have a good amount of experience in my past but the education and knowledge I have received here has been more than I expected. As a marketing and strategy major, I have been very impressed with the professors and how well they command the dynamic of the classroom. Frameworks, processes, tools, and other wisdom have been shared with me that made it possible for me to be successful during my summer internship. I have no doubt that the additional training and knowledge I am receiving during this second year of school will help me be even better prepared to succeed as a business leader.
  3. Why Ohio State? Why not? Everything that a business student could want is offered here at Fisher. Great faculty and staff. A great big city without the city traffic. A wonderful community for families (which was important for me). The list goes on and on. I selected Ohio State because I wanted to know my classmates (small class size), I wanted a top-tier education, and I wanted a school that was strong in marketing management. Ohio State had met all of my criteria and overall it felt right. Sometimes it is best to go with your gut, but in this instance, I didn’t need to. Everything else fell into place and it just made sense.

Hopefully my answers and conversations with those potential candidates last week will help them realize that Ohio State and the Fisher College of Business is the place to be. If anyone else ever has any questions regarding the program, please don’t hesitate to contact me at lundberg_24@fisher.osu.edu.