Making the Most of the Spring Semester!

Course selection can seem like a daunting process at first due to the variety of electives available within Fisher. To make this process slightly less stressful, the MAcc program hosted an electives information session a few weeks before it was time to register for Spring courses. During this session, several professors spoke for a few minutes about their electives that would be offered during the Spring term. They discussed the course components as well as some of the topics that would be covered and then opened up the floor for questions from students. This informal session really helped me gain a better understanding of what courses were being offered within Fisher’s accounting department and I was able to narrow down my selections to the courses I was most interested in taking. However, I have also asked students in the MBA and MHRM programs for their recommendations on elective courses that I should enroll in from other academic departments. Asking my peers from within the MAcc program for elective recommendations was also a great idea because I was able to get a feel for some of some of the accounting electives from the perspective of a MAcc student as opposed to that of the professor. Utilizing the available resources really simplified the process of deciding which electives to take and will hopefully allow me to make the most of my last semester within the MAcc program.

MAcc Students in AMIS 7510 – Assurance Services and Information Quality