Pre-Nights and Recruiting Events

You hear all about the importance of how you conduct yourself at an interview and how to put together a perfect resume but one of the most important things you can do when going through the job interview process and in applying for jobs is to go to the recruiting events and pre-nights held by firms and companies. I made a point of attending every event that my companies of interest held and it really helped me get to know the recruiters and people from the company and most importantly I learned more about the company itself.  Firms that I had only a fleeting interest in became my top choices.

Attending recruiting events allows you to learn more about a company in a more relaxed environment.  Mixers, recruiting events and pre-nights are all very important for Fisher MAcc students and I would never discount any of them as “simply a dinner” or “just an event”.  Every dinner, party, recruiting event and career fair is an opportunity to learn more, get noticed/remembered and to find the company that is the right fit for you.

Another point of these events are so that the interviewers and recruiters and members of the company can get to know you better. Together you can begin to discover whether the company is a good fit for you. It can’t hurt to get that extra exposure and when it comes to interview decisions and job offers you will be remembered.

My favorite recruiting event was attending a baseball game with Plante Moran. They took a group of us to a Clippers game at the beginning of the semester so that we could get to know more about the firm and more about them.  I got to know the staff at Plante Moran and as an added bonus we had first row seats right along the first base line!