Offer Accepted!

This past week I made a huge decision. I officially accepted my offer for full time employment with Texas Instruments. This means that as of summer 2014 I will be making a move to yet another state and starting my HR career with TI in Dallas, TX.

To give a bit of context to this situation, the MHRM program offers two tracks for students- (1) thesis or (2) internship. In the internship route students are expected to complete an internship or practicum during the summer between their first and second year. Students then enroll in a three credit hour course in the Fall of their second year, during which they complete a comprehensive paper detailing their experience as it relates to MHRM courses and their personal development. I selected this route, and interned this summer with Texas Instruments.

Instagram pic I snapped this summer while on TI’s campus

Let me get the obvious out of the way right now- yes it is the company that made the calculator that you probably used to get through all of your high school math classes. However, you might be surprised to learn that the calculator is less than 5% of TI’s business. In actuality, TI is a semiconductor company. TI creates and manufactures microprocessor chips and transistors that power and give functionality to all kinds of today’s technology.

This summer I worked as a Human Resources intern. During my thirteen weeks in Dallas I worked on multiple projects that spanned across many of TI’s business units. My projects touched staffing, training and development, global mobility, HR generalist work, and more. I worked with a range of TI’s employees from our engineers, to folks throughout HR, to VP’s from our CEO’s executive leadership team. The experience was more than I could have hoped for and I was thrilled to receive an offer to join TI’s Human Resource Development Program as a full time employee upon the completion of my master’s degree here at Fisher.

Now that I’ve accepted my offer and the pressure of finding a job is off the table, I’m looking forward to completing my final year of school and gathering as much knowledge and experience as possible to bring with me when I move down to Dallas to start work with Texas Instruments.