Festival Time!

When I moved to Columbus three years ago I was surprised how much I liked it. Who knew this capital city in a “fly-over” state would have so many amazing restaurants, so much culture, and be filled with incredibly friendly and accomplished people. In fact, Columbus was recently rated as the smartest city in America. It was also ranked as one of the best cities to be young, broke, and single- something I find particularly appealing as a poor graduate student. For more on Columbus be sure to see this page.

One of the best things about Columbus is the plethora of festivals in the summer and fall months.  I just visited one of my favorites, the Columbus Greek Festival.  What’s not to love about delicious Greek food and ethnic dancing? There’s a lot more to do at this festival as well like visit the numerous gift shops and attend cultural events like cooking demos. In addition, the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral is stunning. I am looking forward to enjoying a few more festivals before it gets cold like the Columbus Oktoberfest and Circleville Pumpkin Show. So much more fun to be had! For more on Columbus festivals see this page.