First Few Weeks Impression

After having some time to think back on my first several weeks in the MAcc program at Fisher, a few things became apparent. First, the MAcc class of 2014 is full of diverse, intelligent, and fun individuals! Second, if these three weeks serve as any indication, this school year will be full of new experiences, learning opportunities, and great memories. Some highlights:

• It seems like the common theme in each class is “diversity”. It’s beneficial to make sure project groups include individuals from different ungraduate universities, nationalities, majors, and personalities. I find that this is helpful because it brings fresh perspective to the assignments and helps avoid “group think” that can happen when everyone works on the tasks in the same way. Also, it is a great way to get out of your comfort area, meet new people, and build your network.
  • Time management is key. The MAcc program is only one school year long, and there are so many great events to take a part in. To make sure that I take full advantage of all the opportunities this program offers, I’m going to need to stay on top of my schedule and squeeze all of the time I can out of it.
  • Close knit, but with BIG resources: One thing that became apparent when I visited OSU was the fact that well… it is a really BIG University! I’m not going to lie, I did not want to look like a freshman carrying around a campus map at all times to help find my buildings. After finishing up orientation and my first weeks of class that concern quickly disappeared. The Fisher campus (where all of my classes and professors’ offices are at) is a one-stop shop for everything I need. There is even a Starbucks in Mason Hall on the Fisher campus. It’s important to note though that being a part of The Ohio State University’s main campus does offer students benefits outside of Fisher. The RPAC, Thomson Library, and of course football games at Ohio Stadium are just a few of the many perks.

I could go on about all the great experiences I have had in such a short time, however I will have to save them for a future blog post. Go Bucks!