Exploring Sites near Campus!

The Labor Day long weekend has just started! So some of you may be wondering, ‘Hmmm-so when I have some free time and I’m not attending class, studying, or engaging in all the great Ohio State campus extra-curricular activities, what else could I be doing in Columbus?’ Well there is definitely no shortage of fun to be had in this great capital. In fact, just a few minutes drive from Fisher is an intriguing little strip on Columbus’s main High Street known as, ‘The Short North Arts District.’ From dining options to shopping experiences, this area offers something for everyone. Here are two sites I can’t wait to check out on my next trip to The Short North:

• Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams: Jeni’s is a Columbus favorite as the dessert shop was founded right here in the city in 2002. The ice cream maker is known for creating one of a kind, handmade delights with unique flavors. My current favorite is the Bergamont Frozen Yogurt. With every bite I get a burst of tart citrus and a slight hint of Earl Gray tea. Every time I visit Jeni’s I am surprised with a new flavor combination that never disappoints!

Photo-shoot from one of my last trips to Jeni’s!

• Gallery Hops: As The Short North is known as the Arts District, every first Saturday of the month the area is full of visitors crowded on the strip to see new art exhibits and watch live street performances. I have yet to experience my first Gallery Hop, but have heard so many good things about this event that it is definitely on my to-do list this year! Some of the MAcc students have even been chatting about organizing a group to gallery hop together!
I’ll try to snap a few pictures from my next trip to share with all of you!