The Beginning…

The lovely Ohio Stadium, or the Horseshoe, as we Buckeyes call it, represents life here at Ohio State University. It is a place where we all congregate, no matter what year or major. Life here at Ohio State isn’t just about school, there is so much more here to discover. There are literally thousands upon thousands of students surrounding you that want to share in similar experiences. There are organizations, clubs, and social events at our fingertips. Click here for a link to the student organizations that are available at Fisher – be sure to check these out.  There are so many opportunities here to allow you to flourish as a young professional. With all this being said I know it is scary. It is never easy to leave home, to start new and to challenge yourself. But that is what school is about.

If I could give one piece of advice today it is to take risks. Starting my Masters of Human Resource Management program was a big step for me. I took two years off after I graduated in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology to step back and explore potential career paths. I would sit for hours researching companies, fields, and employment opportunities. But at the end of the day I knew I wanted to go back to school. I chose the MHRM program here at Ohio State because it is ranked as one of the top 10 programs in the United States. Another major appeal to the program is the staff – they are tremendous. Your professors have worked at top-notch companies and they have real life experiences to share to you. They will offer to help you with resumes, cover letters, and will help guide you. It is not just about sitting in a classroom and listening to a professor lecture, this program engages and challenges you every step of the way. Like I stated before, graduate school is about taking risks and let me tell you it will all be worth it in the end.