Fisher’s Chinese New Year Gala

The Chinese Business Club at Fisher College of Business hosted its annual celebration for Chinese New Year. This year, students from around the world helped ring in the new year with food, fun, and great performances throughout the night.

For me, being from the United States, this was a great opportunity to learn more about a culture that I know so little about. I was able to watch traditional dances from many Asian countries. A handful of performers sang some of their favorite songs and played traditional Chinese instruments.

One of the highlights of the night was when a number of students, families, and professors joined together to play a traditional game. The game not only kept the participants on their toes, but it also gave the audience a great deal of quality entertainment.

Next year I will definitely be attending the Chinese New Year celebration here at Fisher. If you are around next year, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. Check out more photos of the event on the Fisher Flickr Page.