Winter blues? Head to the Short North for a taste of Columbus.

I know it has been quite awhile since I have last posted. This winter has been jam packed with five courses, VITA volunteering (see my last post), balancing MAcc group work, you name it! Even amidst the frigid weather of Columbus, I try to sneak away to the Short North for some great restaurants, art galleries, and window shopping when I get the chance. This district of Columbus, located on the outskirts of Ohio State’s south campus gateway area, is known as the “arts district,”full of quirky shops and any type of cuisine you could imagine. Rain, shine, or snow, the Short North is always a great place to venture with friends, family, or even on your own during a study break.

This past weekend, I had the luxury of heading to the new Cameron Mitchell restaurant, The Pearl. The Peal is designed to carry innovative twists on comfort foods, oyster specialties, unique cocktails, and craft beers. While visiting The Pearl, I tried the beet salad, and grilled cheese filled with brie, pear jam, and pesto. While both dishes sound so simple, they were absolutely delicious. I also tasted a Brooklyn Sorachi beer that was excellent. Beginning in March, The Pearl will start serving brunch, which I am sure will be great given the quality of the food I tried this weekend. Below are some images from my night out, including my meal. Stay tuned for more Short North adventures!

Delicious grilled cheese

Beet Salad