Career Support at Fisher

I attended the 2012 MBA Women International Conference, thanks to Fisher Graduate Women in Business (with support from the Office of Diversity and Inclusion). This conference was a great opportunity for networking with a wide array of professionals. It was a small conference, which meant there were shorter lines for the career fair, as well as opportunities for more in-depth conversations. The smaller size also allowed for smaller sessions and panel discussions, and an opportunity for those of us in the audience to actively participate in the conversation and interact with members of the panel.

The opportunities for networking were plentiful – the attendees of the conference ranged from entrepreneurs and CEOs to C-suite executives of large firms to fellow MBA students, and everything in between. I had the chance to hear from several inspiring keynote speakers (Lee Rhodes, Scott Woelfel, Leo J. Hindery Jr among others!), as well as meet and network with people from all over the world!

I met many graduate students, from schools all over the US, all of whom were second-year MBA students or recently graduated from an MBA program, all targeting full-time jobs. Most were surprised to learn we were first-year MBA students aiming for internships, which made me very grateful for the support that Fisher offers us very early in our job-search process.

Based on this experience (and countless other experiences!), I was not surprised to learn recently that Fisher moved up 5 spots in the Bloomberg rankings, something I expect will continue annually!