“Good times, hard times, but NEVER bad times.”

Autumn in Columbus is awesome. All the leaves are changing colors and the weather is neither too cold nor too hot. I guess it must be the best season of the year. Walking back home after class last night, I was a little emotional. It was cold and wet and the smell of the air just reminded me of Beijing, my hometown. I’m very proud of myself because I could take good care of myself during the past two months and I have never been so independent and strong. Although not everything went as I had expected, I appreciated every single progress I’ve made in the short time I’ve been here. :)

To be honest, I sometimes feel upset when I can’t catch up with my professors in class and I’m disappointed with myself whenever I hesitate to raise my hand to answer questions. What used to be so easy is sometimes difficult for me now. Sometimes I don’t have a sense of belonging here and I can’t help missing my friends and parents. I have to say that language is always the biggest challenge for international students. However, I was so glad when my host Don told me that my spoken English has improved a lot in the past couple of months. All the effort I’ve made finally paid off! I’m grateful for what I’ve got. In fact, I have never been regretful for my choice of studying in the USA. Life is amazing here and I love OSU. Just watch the video of our matching band on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAzzbrFgcUw) and we’re still undefeated.  (Oh, by the way, I even saw President Obama in person at a campus event a couple of weeks ago.)

I had a great weekend because I just finished my final exams. I bought two chrysanthemums because I happened to pass a lady’s yard on my way to the bus stop. My house looks so cozy with the flowers. Actually, I can see my change/improvement every day. I felt so proud when my classmates said “well-done” after my presentation and when I got my first A in graduate school. I meet different people and I try to step out of my comfort zone. I know everything won’t be easy but I can handle them anyway. I just begin to see everything in a good way.