Columbus sports: Football and Futbol

A couple of weeks ago, I attended my first Ohio State football game to cheer on the scarlet and grey to a dominating victory over Miami of Ohio. The experience in the Horseshoe was unbelievable. The energy in the entire stadium was electrifying, everyone is extremely passionate about the Buckeyes and you can tell through their enthusiasm throughout the entire game. The highlight of the games was the one handed catch for the first touchdown for the Buckeyes.

I topped the day off with going to watch one of the professional sports teams in Columbus, the Columbus Crew vs the Montreal Impact. Soccer is my passion, I have been playing since the age of 5 and love the game. The Crew have had a 3 game unbeaten streak as the playoffs are getting closer. The game would be a battle as Montreal entered the game on a 5 game unbeaten streak.  The Crew went down 1-0 in the 2nd half but were able to tie the game up with 10 minutes to go. With the addition of stoppage time the Crew claimed victory off a unbelievable cross by Federico Higuain (a recent addition to the team from Argentina) and header into the goal by Emilio Renteria.

Despite the rainy Saturday, I was able to make the most of it by cheering for two Columbus sports teams as they both were victorious.