Fall in Columbus = Festival Time

Hi all!

In the midst of studying for session 1 mid-term exams (can’t believe it is already half way done), I will be highlighting some fun activities to take a study break with in Columbus during the Fall season, my favorite time of the year. Other than Columbus’s main fall attraction, Ohio State football, there are tons of food festivals, cultural shows, micro brewery showcases, and festivals solely dedicated to the autumn season. There is no excuse for being bored in this city.

One of my go-to websites I use to check up on what is going on around town is Columbus Underground. Here you can find information about new restaurant openings/reviews, events around Columbus, and local news. This past weekend was the Columbus Microbrew Festival held at The North Market. The festival cost $20 for 10 beer tastings from local breweries, and included a $5.00 food voucher for the market and a cute pint glass.

Sample of microbrews at the festival!

To ring in the fall season, I am also super excited for the Circleville Pumpkin show. At this event, you guessed it, everything is about pumpkins. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, largest pumpkin contest, pumpkin parades, and my all time favorite, pumpkin cheesecake. If you enjoy pumpkin flavors, you have to be there! The last festival I will mention today is the Columbus Italian Festival. If you want to experience authentic Italian food from the local eateries in Columbus’ Italian village, you need to check this out. The festival has been around for over 30 years and continues to grow each year in terms of participating vendors and entertainment. The festival is even throwing in a football tailgate called “Italiagate” for the OSU vs. Nebraska game, as the festival falls on game day weekend. A giant TV screen will be showing the game as festival goers chow down on some delicious pasta dishes. All of the upcoming festivals and fall events are great really, I can’t wait to check them out and you should too!

Huge pumpkins at the Pumpkin show!

2 Responses to “Fall in Columbus = Festival Time”

1. 1 Rob September 17, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Columbus Underground is a GREAT site!

2. 2 emily b September 17, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Loved the Microbrew festival and CANNOT WAIT to go down to the pumpkin fest! MMMM, pumpkin.